Australian own and managed, this is a truly great opportunity to be part of a business that values sustainability and growth.
The Accountant will be responsible for supporting the Regional Finance Manager with:
Management Accounting & Reporting:
- Assists with operational finance and CAPEX management reporting for farms and Mildura operational requirements including KPIs, monthly management accounts and commentary
- Maintains actual expense and forecast reporting of farms costs, vineyard development and biological assets
- Analyses key variances versus budget/forecast and last year. Feedback this into the monthly forecasts
- Liaises with farming and production for accurate departmental analysis/accruals
- Contributes to the development of the annual budget and forecast, including farm footprint, farm activities & inputs such as farm activities, labour, water, nutrition, etc.
- Assists with preparing detailed 10-year farm operational and financial plans
- Processes and analyses of sales and gross margin reporting
- Manages fixed asset register for farms with the Group Accountant in SAP systems, conduct physical verifications for management and insurance purposes
- Oversees and assists with compliance with all associated company policies, procedures and internal controls
- Oversees and assists with the implementation, maintenance and improvement of financial analysis and models
- Assists with agriculture market analysis and strategic farm plan development and control of associated analysis, tools, reports and other documentation.
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- Degree in Accounting or related discipline – Ideally completed CPA/CA
- Advanced level for Microsoft Excel and Word
- Have a clear understanding of issues impacting agricultural, manufacturing/processing and logistics
- An understanding and ability to apply accounting principles and concepts