Blastone is a market leading Australian business which supplies specialist equipment and consumables to the Corrosion Control and Protective Coatings Industry. Family owned and with 50 years’ experience, Blastone continues to grow with revenues of A$100m and footprints in Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia and the United States.
With the APAC Head Office based in central Melbourne and serving customers both nationally and internationally, the company has proved resilient during COVID and is now poised to continue its sustained growth trend. To support this, Blastone is looking for high caliber, dynamic team members who can be part of this exciting transformation journey.
Reporting to the APAC Financial Controller this role manages an overseas based accounting team of three (based in Philippines & Malaysia). The Accounting Manager is responsible for all aspects of financial accounting for the APAC group of 6 entities based in Australia, New Zealand & Malaysia.
This role is responsible for the integrity of the G/L and cost centre accounting, ownership of the month end process which includes the consolidation of 6 entities. In addition, tax compliance, preparation of financial and management reporting and analysis, supporting the external audit process, the annual budget and forecasting process and other compliance requirements. This role will play a key role in the maintenance and ongoing development of accounting processes and systems (in particular Netsuite ERP).
Importantly, the Accounting Manager needs to be capable at being hands on and at the coal face of financial transaction management, whilst still being able to see the bigger picture and add value not only in the finance function but the business more broadly.
This role could suit either an experienced accounting manager or a strong financial accountant with supervisory experience looking to step up into a first manager position. We are looking for someone that is highly adaptable, a proven self-starter and brings energy, a strong work ethic and professionalism to the team.
Some specifics that we’d also like for you to bring to this opportunity include:
- Excellent attention to detail, and a high sense of pride in the quality of your work;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to provide insight into the organisation’s financial performance;
- Technically proficient, with a strong understanding of Australian Accounting Standards;
- Exposure to a privately held, growth SME environment;
- Exposure to multi-currency, consolidated accounting and reporting
- Cash-flow forecasting and reporting
- Experience of a major ERP system
- A recognised accounting qualification such as CA or CPA; and
- Experience in an inventory based business model (Distribution, Manufacturing, Retail or engineering) and/or a proven background within the Private Clients division of a medium to large Professional Services firm.
The successful candidate will be joining BlastOne at an exciting time in the company’s journey and support a dynamic team and broader business to ensure this anticipated growth is realised.
What’s on offer:
- $110,000 - $115,000 + Superannuation + 10% Bonus (based on team and company performance)
- Flexible working conditions with work from home during Covid-19
- Culture which prides itself on being collaborative and supportive of staff development
How to Apply:
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Adam Koch on 0414 272 260. Please note that all direct and third party applications will be forwarded to Sharp & Carter for consideration.