An open opportunity for a diligent Accounts Receivable Officer to join a small team on the Lower North Shore. This company is very flexible between home and office, but they are a looking for a strong candidate who can hit the ground running and has a genuine passion for accounting & AR.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collect payments from motor vehicle dealerships, ensuring that collection targets are met and that any potential collection problems are identified promptly and reported to the Credit Risk Manager.
- Correctly allocate payments received and credit notes issued, to the relevant outstanding invoices (within a variety of systems) and in a timely manner.
- Develop a close rapport with suppliers in order to assist them in solving payment issues and develop strategic plans for supplier issues where appropriate.
- Maintain accurate records of collection activities, including updating the log of all conversations with suppliers, and prepare commentaries for inclusion in the weekly debtors activity report for management meetings.
- Assist with the monthly reconciliation of aged receivables trial balance with the general ledger.
- Carry out and assist in ad-hoc and special projects as required.
- Update supplier details
- Bank reconciliations
The successful applicant should have:
- A high level of accuracy, strong eye for detail in producing highly detailed reports. This is critical.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills – will need to draft business cases, reports and make recommendations
- An emotionally mature, respectful, assertive, solutions- focused attitude to work
- Teamwork - willingness to assist team members outside of own responsibilities
- 2-4 years experience in a busy AR role
Please submit your CV via the prompts. For any further enquiries please contact Jacinta Coyne directly at firstname.lastname@example.org