About the role
Due to an internal promotion, this established aged care organisation is looking for an ambitious and energetic Assistant Accountant to join their accounting team, initially on a 6 month FTC with the chance to go permanent. The role and the business is suited to someone who is flexible, pro-active and multi-tasking, and can manage effectively and with a sense of urgency in a high achieving and fast moving environment.
Reporting to the Senior Management Accountant, you will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following duties:
The successful applicant will have
- Complete daily bank reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly journal entries.
- Assistance with effective cash flow management.
- Quarterly statutory reporting (BAS).
- Assist/oversee the AR process
- Process account adjustments and handle internal queries.
- Assist with month end closure
- Bachelor degree in Accounting.
- 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Ideally studying toward your CPA/CA
- Any experience working in aged care is an advantage
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Adapt to a faced pace environment.
- Generous package.
- Career development.
- Close to public transport.