Our client is an NFP who provides support and care across all our local government regions to address the need of the locals.
They provide a range of services throughout the region in the areas of Homelessness including youth crisis accommodation, Tenancy advocacy and support, Community connections, Family Violence for women and children, Youth programs, Youth Justice programs, Out of Home Care including Foster Care, and leads the Orange Door initiative.
They use their standing in the community to promote awareness and address social issues whilst working towards creating better health and wellbeing for people in the region.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an 18-month program that offers great skill development and personal growth. Reporting to the ICT Director, you will be tasked with mapping AS-IS and TO-BE processes relating to the implementation of Microsoft Dynamics.
Hands-on change management experience and stakeholder management skills are fundamental for the role. This also means you will play a role in ensuring objectives are met on time and you will be a part of implementing new concepts and technology which will help transform the way the organisation operates on both client and corporate sides.
Your Skills & Experience
- Working with the project team and with the support of senior Leadership, lead the re-engineering of current and future state processes
- Extensive experience with Process Mapping – tool agnostic
- Analyse process information and related content from existing documentation and/or data sources to develop fit-for-purpose process models that are client centric.
- Demonstrated track record of understanding and using MS Dynamics
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- You are self-driven and motivated to succeed
- You are able to participate in the implementation as a subject matter expert and represent the organisations business requirements.
As an inclusive NFP organisation, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered which translates into the appreciation and care we give to our clients.
- The role will be for a 6-month period, the entire project lasts 18 so there is the view to perhaps extend for another 6-12 months
- Remuneration is $110,000 - $130,000 inclusive of super pro rata.