You will be part of a growing team that delivers pragmatic and business focussed security services and advice. The role work in Security Operations to respond to security incidents and improve security detections.
As the Cyber Security Operations Specialist, you will be the subject matter expert for cyber security monitoring, detection, and response incorporating threat hunting. You’ll undertake the day-to-day cyber security operational activities including co-ordinating cyber security incident investigation and response, responding to security related enquiries and drive continuous improvement within the cyber security operations space.
We are ideally looking for someone with experience as a cyber security analyst or other operational security role, ideally with exposure to incident response. You have a genuine passion and curiosity for cyber security and continuously strive learn and develop.
- Monitor investigate and report on suspected IT and information security related policies breaches.
- Manage security tool settings and tuning such as endpoint security, mail security, firewalls, and network threat analytics.
- Undertake threat hunting activities.
- Produce in-depth technical review, analysis, triage, and recommendations for escalated incidents
- Contribute to Cyber Security planning, program of work development and strategy by identifying initiatives for inclusion.
- Stay abreast of information security issues and regulatory changes affecting higher education.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of effective and reasonable policies and standards relevant to Cyber Security.
- Contribute to and make recommendations to management regarding the adequacy of existing security controls and perform security assessments
- Demonstrated experience in security operations and/or incident response.
- Certifications related to security appliance administration and/or operational security administration and incident handling (e.g. CEH, ECIH, Security+, CSA+) or equivalent are highly desired
- Experience with security frameworks and controls such as the NIST CSF, the ASD Essential 8, ISO 27001/2 and CIS controls.
- Proven specialised experience across technologies such as: Microsoft Azure/AWS, Email Security, Firewall\Web Application Firewall
Apply now or contact Vincent Cote Boucher at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.