An opportunity has arisen for a strong all-round Financial Controller join this well- established and respected luxury goods manufacturer and specialised retail organisation. Taking a hands-on approach, this role will lead month end, oversee and review the day to day accounting duties, reviewing processes and procedures, managing a small team, taking a hands-on approach as well as working within a strategic capacity. This role will work closely across the senior management team and stakeholders, for a period of 12 months.
The main duties include:
- Responsible for finalising month end results for Head Office
- Prepare comprehensive set of monthly management papers, including commentary on results for senior management.
- Continuous improvement and streamlining of processes and systems to promote improved control and reporting efficiency.
- Lead of month-end timing, processes & reporting in accordance with Head Office timelines/processes
- Liaison with the Australian Taxation Office, external auditors, and advisory firms
- Statutory reporting
- Lead of quarterly forecasting timing, processes & reporting in accordance with Head Office timelines/processes
- Responsible for finalising month end results for Corporate Head Office
- Monitor cash flow and prepare forecasts
- Monitor debtor position, providing support to the Finance Director
- Assist with budget preparation
- Calculate and prepare commission statements for Sales
- Prepare ad-hoc reports when required for senior management
- Ensure Finance continues to be a true business partner across the organisation
- Lead and manage a small team
The successful applicant will have
- Qualified CPA or CA
- Proven working experience within a similar role (preferably within FMCG and or Retail)
- Ability to work in a fast, dynamic, and changing environment
- Lead change and transformation
- The ability to work in both hands-on and strategic capacity
- Immediate start preferred
Our client can only be described as a luxury goods retailer, with a focus on style and innovation, and due to internal projects they are now seeking a Financial Controller on a 12 month fixed term contract to join this vibrant and fast-moving business and contribute directly to its continued success.
How to apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Leigh Jones on 0437177622 or email@example.com