Our client is a highly regarded employer of choice within the construction and building sector with a strong market presence in their industry. They deliver high end construction and refurbishment projects across commercial & government projects nationally.
In this key ‘hands on’ leadership role, you will be principally responsible for leading the finance team to ensure timely delivery of accurate and insightful information to support commercial decision making. You will drive performance through establishing key initiatives and ensuring strategic outcomes are adhered to. Partnering with the General Manager and other leaders across the business, you will lead a team who will question and challenge their business partners in order to drive operational and financial performance.
More specifically, your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing all statutory obligations including tax compliance, annual audit and financial statements
- Project accounting
- Assess and advise on construction contracts
- Participate in tender and bid preparation
- Providing value-add advice regarding business decisions and opportunities
- Managing and improving internal controls and financial processes within the business
- Managing the treasury function including bank guarantees and bonds
- Managing financial systems
- Managing the Finance team
CA/ CPA qualified, you will have demonstrated extensive experience in a commercial finance leadership role within ideally the Construction or Building sector. You have strong attention to detail and have the ability to motivate and lead the finance department, effectively creating a business partnering environment to assist in commercial decision-making. Your excellent interpersonal and communication skills give you the confidence to engage and influence those above and below you and across the organisation. You have strong commitment to ongoing personal development and improvement of processes and aspire to value-add in your next long-term career step.
- Competitive remuneration package
- Strong company culture which supports flexible working hours and options for work
- Gym/ trainer on site
- Car parking
- Birthday, Christmas and other celebrations
- Energetic and high performing team
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Simon Cust at firstname.lastname@example.org