This unique opportunity will be career defining. Based in Melbourne's Eastern Suburbs, the role will involve travel across Australia and the APAC region working with some of the world's most high profile and recognizable mining and resources organisations. The role will handle complex multi-million dollar projects and lead a team of 10 specialist engineers and project managers.
More information about the company
The client is a global industrial business with diversified products and services and is a leading innovator, supplying the mining industry. They are dedicated to delivering cutting-edge solutions that revolutionize the way mining operations are conducted. With a strong commitment to sustainability, safety, and efficiency, they are at the forefront of developing mining applications that are the most technologically advanced in the world.
Further details about the role
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Head of Projects with a strong background in conveyor systems and materials handling applications within the mining industry, to lead our engineering team. You will play a pivotal role in managing and executing projects that drive performance, increase operational efficiency, and promote innovation in mining applications.
- Lead, mentor, and manage a team of project managers and engineers.
- Define project objectives, scope, and deliverables in collaboration with customers and internal stakeholders.
- Develop and execute technical solutions, project plans, schedules, and budgets.
- Monitor project progress and ensure milestones are met on time and within budget.
- Identify and manage project risks, issues, and changes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless project execution.
- Ensure compliance with safety, environmental, and regulatory standards.
- Foster a culture of innovation and excellence within the project team.
- Build strong relationships with clients, partners, and suppliers.
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience in the following:
- Comprehensive knowledge related to conveyor systems or heavy material handling;
- University degree in Engineering or Science (Mechanical Engineering preferred; Electrical or Structural Engineering, considered);
- Significant professional experience in project management, technical sales, application engineering, technical consulting or R&D;
- Project management experience specifically within an international business environment is highly desirable;
- Experience working with intercultural and interdisciplinary teams;
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, particularly with external clients.