As the HSEQ Officer, you will manage compliance to the health, safety, environmental and quality management systems and applicable regulation. You will provide advice on measures to minimize hazards and be on the constant lookout for opportunities for improvement. The goal of your position is to establish a safe workplace according to legal standards and foster a culture of attention to health, safety, environment and quality. This is a standalone permanent, full-time position with the Australian and New Zealand operations remit. Some frequent travel amongst Australia and NZ is required in this role.
- Provide support to the Australia and New Zealand region, travel of adequate duration is expected to facilitate property and workplace investigations and development of safety systems – it is expected that the HSEQ Officer works at a different facility one week per month;
- As the system owner, support and enforce the Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) management system and conduct continuous review of existing system and measures and update according to business and legislative change;
- Maintain and implement internal audit schedules including monitoring and following up recommendations from previous internal audits and report on audit outcomes;
- Conduct investigation of accidents, incidents, near misses and unsafe working conditions and review the circumstances of any work injury, illness and dangerous events, identify and implement any corrective action;
- Oversee contractors, projects, installations, maintenance, disposal of substances and oversee and manage hazardous materials handling processes and procedures;
- Ensure effective delivery of inductions and HSEQ relevant training to all new staff and contractors.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing, and monitoring WHS policies, procedures and safe systems of work
- Tertiary qualifications in OH&S (minimum Certificate IV) and extensive knowledge of AS45001, workplace health and safety legislation and codes of practice
- Possess a current valid “C” class driver’s license and Construction Induction White Card
- Proven ability to provide sound advice and work in consultation with stakeholders on WHS matters
A young business, this organisation has grown leaps and bounds and now has a global presence in eight countries including Australia and New Zealand. This company is experiencing hyper growth and is due to triple in headcount over the next six to twelve months, so joining now is a very exciting time and will provide many future opportunities for growth, learning and development.
How to Apply
If your next move aligns with this position, please apply directly using the link below and attach an updated copy of your resume. Sharp & Carter will be in touch with applicants and shortlisting will commence immediately for this position.
For a confidential discussion please contact Haylea Smith in our Brisbane office on 0491 286 873 or email@example.com