Reporting to the Human Resources Director, you will deliver high level human resources and industrial support to employees at a large head office and production facility based in Inverell, NSW. This is a very generalist, hands-on management position and will have specific focus on and oversight of workforce planning, transactional HR services, performance management, workplace health and safety including workers compensation and return to work, learning and development and training, and industrial and employment relations. This role oversees five direct reports and closely partners with the Plant Manager, People & Culture Business Partner and People & Culture Coordinator.
- Partner with organisational leaders and managers to ensure business decisions and processes are consistent with a high-performance culture, and are in line with the company’s culture promise of care and accountability;
- Implement strategies and initiatives aimed at improving operational workforce turnover, employee satisfaction, and productivity that can better capitalise on future business opportunities;
- Maintain positive and proactive industrial relations across sites and make decisions in line with relevant employment legislation;
- Provide trusted industrial relations advice to ensure the organisation operates within state and federal legislation requirements and provide IR frameworks that promote collaborative and mutually beneficial relationships across the company;
- Oversee the additional responsibilities managed by the people and culture team including workforce planning, labour management, training, workers compensation, recruitment, grievances, and offboarding.
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources, Employment/Industrial Relations or related business management discipline;
- Highly developed understanding of industrial relations, complex employment relations, enterprise bargaining and a solid knowledge of New South Wales employment legislation;
- Demonstrated experience as a Human Resources Manager with an attested ability to engage, influence and contribute to organisational strategy and translating that strategy into operational deliverables via a broad range of stakeholders;
- Balanced style to be agile and adaptive through organisational change, whilst understanding organisational or department maturity and readiness for change;
- Strong business partnering and coaching style that can be relatable to frontline staff all the way up to the executive and senior leadership teams;
- Proven ability in building service capability and responsiveness, the management of organisational change and the delivery of HR services to blue-collar and multi-site workforces of 500+ staff.
Our client is known for their rich history spanning generations of experience in farming, feeding and processing in the NSW region. They pride themselves on their connection with their customers and put the consumer at the heart of all business operations. This organisation will offer a passionate HR Manager the opportunity to work in a hard working team who hold themselves accountable to the highest standard to deliver quality in a sustainable manner. The Human Resources team is comprised of a group of talented individuals with great company tenure; they work together in a collaborative style and have an ‘all hands-on deck’ attitude to team work.
How to Apply
If your next move aligns with this position, please apply directly using the link below and attach an updated copy of your resume. Sharp & Carter will be in touch with all applicants and shortlisting will commence immediately for this position. For a confidential conversation about this job opportunity, please call Haylea Smith on 0491 286 873.