An opportunity has become available for a motivated and driven Payroll Officer to join a values-driven organisation located in the western suburbs of Brisbane. You will apply your payroll knowledge and skill set to ensure the successful and efficient management of the end to end payroll process.
This role provides you the opportunity to work in a thriving organisation who have strong employee tenure. Working in a collaborative payroll team, you will be supported, mentored and guided to ensure you are a long-term successful member of the business. This organisation is located in the western suburbs of Brisbane with parking options available.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, this position is an integral role in the payroll team and requires a highly organised and skilled professional who can work collaboratively and efficiently.
Your key responsibilities will include, however are not limited to:
- Accurate end-to-end payroll processing;
- Processing deductions and allowances including leave entitlements, terminations, redundancies, parental leave, and other adjustments in line with statutory requirements;
- Providing Award and EBA interpretation and advice;
- Monitoring of data in the Time & Attendance system;
- Processing month-end and assisting with year-end requirements including superannuation and payroll tax requirements;
- Ad hoc payroll support as required by the National Payroll Manager.
Skills & Experience
As the suitable candidate for this position, you will hold prior relevant and recent experience in payroll. In addition, you will also:
- High attention to detail while working in a fast-paced payroll environment;
- Adaptive communication style to ensure an open, professional and friendly manner to all levels within the organisation;
- Drive and passion to learn and develop your career;
- Ability to show initiative and take accountability for your learning;
- Flexible work approach to meet the varying demands of an ever-changing and fast-moving environment;
- Positive and friendly work ethic;
- High computer literacy in all Microsoft office applications and experience using a large payroll system (such as Preceda, Chris21, SAP, Aurion).
Sharp & Carter are proud to partner with a reputable organisation to appoint a Payroll Officer in a permanent full-time position in Brisbane. The opportunity to commence with a thriving and supportive payroll team in a reputable organisation ensures you will feel valued, respected and challenged while applying and growing your payroll competencies.
How to Apply
Sharp & Carter often have a range of positions available that may not yet be advertised. If you feel this opportunity is interesting yet not quite right, then we recommend still putting in an application or sending your CV directly to the email address below. That way we can contact you to find out more about your career goals and aspirations, and we will ensure you stay updated and aware of exciting new vacancies in the market.
For more information about this opportunity, please call Liam Coleman for a confidential discussion on the details below.
0499 414 094