La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
About the position
Help deliver a University City of the Future.
The Project Manager, Sustainability and Campus Planning, will be an internal expert in strategic planning and transport planning matters, supporting the Senior Manager, Sustainability and Campus Planning, and others in the team. They will assist with the delivery and review of campus master plans, including the delivery of a refreshed Masterplan for the Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus and realisation of our University City of the Future vision, and other campus planning matters related to built form, land use, heritage, sustainability and transport, ensuring that the future planning for all La Trobe campuses support the University’s long term strategic goals and sustainability outcomes.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- A degree, extensive management expertise and supporting experience, or postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience, or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain sound working relationships internally and externally and to communicate effectively on a range of sensitive and complex issues.
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in a complex and political environment and balance a range of priorities and expectations.
- Proven record of developing innovative solutions and practical implementations for strategic change.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to negotiate, motivate, influence and build relationships.
- Demonstrated experience working with and influencing senior management.
- Demonstrated experience managing and controlling budgets and resources, and an understanding of financial management procedures.
- Proven experience and success in managing staff performance and development.
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in urban and regional planning, urban design, project management, architecture, or related discipline, and significant working experience., relevant to the role.
- Extensive experience in working on and delivering major strategic planning projects that deliver landuse, built form, public realm, transport and sustainability outcomes.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Victorian Planning Provisions and the interaction between strategic planning and statutory planning processes for the delivery of urban renewal projects.
Sharp & Carter Property recruitment have been exclusively retained to recruit this rare opportunity to shape the future direction of La Trobe University.
This position offers a three-year fixed term contract with an attractive salary package and associated benefits.
Why work at La Trobe: http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Ewan Ogilvie on 0498637330 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
All direct and third party applications will be sent to Sharp & Carter for assessment.