Sharp and Carter are partnering with one of Australia's biggest brands to support an ambitious plan to bring lifestyle and engineering opportunities to Queensland and the Gold Coast!
This organisation is a household name and part of the big 4 financial institutions in Australia. This digital division is at the cutting edge of the fintech revolution, creating new technologies for the customers needs of tomorrow. Lead by an inspirational leadership team that has created a culture of curiosity, collaboration, learning, development and enjoyment....This is a unique opportunity to develop your career work with new technology and be part of a movement within fintech that is raising eyebrows across the financial sector!
The role is within Customer Service & Technology business unit. This team uses a wide range of technologies to design, architect, develop and support solutions for both internal and external customers. As a React UI developer, you will work closely in a with us to develop, implement, and support new functionality.
- Collaborate with team members in a cross-functional team to deliver world-class and high-quality products for Westpac Digital platform
- Write clean code & build applications in line with the best practices
- A practical approach to development including the reuse of shared components and open-source projects rather than always reinventing the wheel.
- Design REST API using Open API Swagger specification by following the REST API design guidelines.
- Lead the diagnosis and resolution of complex service issues to ensure effective development, maintenance and support of applications
- Keep the code free from vulnerabilities by performing npm audit / sonar scan regularly
- Participate in Agile ceremonies
- Analyse business requirements and create technical design documents that are in accordance with the company's design standards.
- Contribute to the Design and development of high-quality software for large scale Micro-service Applications
- Supporting implementations.
- Career development
- Exposure to new technologies and practises
- A top brand name on your CV
- Incredibly flexible working environment (3/4 days a month in the office)
- Continual development
- Great package and benefits
- In-depth knowledge of the ReactJS ecosystem including Redux, Redux-Saga, Styled Components.
- Experience using ES2015 (ES6 / ES7).
- Experience with command lines, APIs, and client-side performance.
- Good understanding of test-driven development with frameworks.
- Experience with browser-based debugging and performance optimisation.
- Common development tools such as Git, Babel, Create-React-App and npm have been part of your toolkit for a while.
- An appreciation of good UI/UX design and the ability to translate wireframes into high quality, reusable code.
- Knowledge on CI/CD tools like Bamboo/Jenkins would be a plus