Reporting to the Lead Civil Engineer, you will manage and provide technical advice within the civil engineering and site infrastructure aspects of Retirement Village projects across VIC.
This role will coordinate with development, architectural design teams, Quantity Surveyors (QS), Contract Administrators, operations, sales and site-based construction teams, as well as external professional services consultants (e.g. civil engineers, structural, geotechnical engineers, landscape architects and architects).
- Work with designers, architects, and civil draftspeople to manage the delivery of civil and site infrastructure design, planning approvals, reporting, models (BIM360) and drawings (in REVIT, AutoCAD, Bluebeam).
- Apply civil engineering, geotechnical and land contamination knowledge to provide advice on the risks and opportunities from pre-purchase through to the construction phase of retirement village projects.
- Coordinate civil engineers and design teams, including external consultants. This includes managing an internal programme of project civil designs to scope, budget and time.
- Provide review of engineering design provided by our external consultants on finished surface grading models, pavements, stormwater, sewer and potable water infrastructure designs and their coordination with the auxiliary, townhouse, and multi-story apartment structures.
- You will have proven experience in designing, communicating, and coordinating of civil engineering, retaining walls and general land development designs with internal stakeholders and external consultants. Engineering designs are completed by external consultants.
- You will have previous experience gained within an engineering consultancy, council or in a development environment and you will have (or are close to achieving) Professional Engineering Registration, in Victoria.
- You will have experience working in a multiple project and design programme level environment.
- You will have proven experience in engineering drawing production, complete drawings presentation and issuance in a construction support, staged and constantly evolving environment.
- You will have a high-level knowledge of Autodesk products (AutoCAD, Civil3D, BIM360) and Revit.
- You have a flexible and adaptable approach when it comes to continuous improvement and change and be motivated by it