The Corporate Finance, Property and Sustainability (CFPS) team sits within the Chief Operating Officer Portfolio and is responsible for ensuring that the University’s property, infrastructure, and financial assets/liabilities enable strategy and provide a meaningful competitive advantage. The CFPS team’s key activities include strategy, planning and performance of the University’s estate, investment in and development of real property, capital planning and associated investment processes, enterprise portfolio management monitoring and reporting, oversight of financial investment portfolios, treasury and financial risk management, debt and commercial arrangement advisory and execution, sustainability strategy development, planning and reporting.
The Role – Senior Development Manager
Reporting to the Program Director – Development, this newly created role will be responsible for implementing major strategic capital projects led by the CFPS team. The position has a strong commercial focus and will be required to identify and drive commercial development opportunities from inception through feasibility analysis, business case development, planning, design, procurement, delivery and into operations.
Successful applicants for this role will be Property Development Professionals with the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Property or a related field
- Proven ability to deliver complex commercial development projects from ideation, concept testing, town planning through to completion.
- Commercially astute with demonstrated experience in financial modelling and management of development projects.
- Collaborative approach and ability to build strong relationships with diverse stakeholder groups.
- High level of emotional intelligence with the ability to engage and influence outcomes in a complex environment.
- Exposure to Government funded projects will be highly regarded.
Sharp & Carter Property recruitment have been retained to recruit this exciting opportunity with the University of Melbourne.
Why work at University of Melbourne: https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Ewan Ogilvie on 0498 637 330 or e-mail email@example.com
All direct and third-party applications will be sent to Sharp & Carter for assessment.