Reporting to the Head of Safety, the Workplace Health & Safety Manager is a key member of the site senior leadership team working closely with the production, quality, training and people and culture teams. You will align site based activities to the organisation’s health and safety strategy frameworks under the guidance of the Head of Workplace Health & Safety. Using a proactive approach to engagement, you will play a pivotal role in driving and embedding a culture of care, targeting best practice levels of safety and legislative compliance, ensuring effective policies, procedures and WHS management systems are in place. The WHS Manager will provide effective, efficient and best practice health & safety services to the organisation’s employees and visitors. The role will support frontline management to implement practices and processes that achieve the organisation’s health and safety objectives.
- Deliver the organisation’s health and safety management system and safety compliance strategy;
- Work collaboratively with and actively coach and mentor operational leaders and other site leaders to increase their knowledge, ownership and engagement regarding the implementation and maintenance of safety plans and programs;
- Develop programs and initiatives in liaison with department managers/supervisors that promote and support the identification of health and safety hazards, risk and risk controls;
- Initiate and participate in both site-based and group-wide health and safety initiatives, and facilitate event investigations, safety assurance and compliance activities as required;
- Develop and implement a health & safety training needs analysis and liaise with the people & culture team and Workplace Trainers for delivery of the training and assessment;
- Provide advice to the site leadership team and the wider management group on related health & safety legislation and compliance matters that would directly and indirectly impact the safe operation of the organisation’s facilities.
- Demonstrated experience in a WHS Management position, ideally within food manufacturing or supply chain and logistics;
- Tertiary qualifications in Workplace Health & Safety or related business discipline;
- Demonstrated experience in effectively implementing a health & safety management system and demonstrated skills in reporting and developing action plans;
- Knowledge of contemporary safety issues and best practice, and the statutory and regulatory framework requirements regarding safety at work;
- Strong communication and ability to be a highly influential member of a team, across all levels of an organisation;
- Ability to engage with and influence workforces at various levels, and differing cultures and personalities.
Our client is known for their rich history spanning generations of experience in farming, feeding and processing in the New South Wales & Queensland regions. They pride themselves on their connection with their customers and put the consumer at the heart of all business operations. This organisation will offer a passionate Workplace Health & Safety Manager the opportunity to work in a hard working team who hold themselves accountable to the highest standard to deliver quality in a sustainable manner. The senior leadership team is comprised of a group of talented individuals with great tenure; they work together in a collaborative style and have an ‘all hands-on deck’ attitude to team work.
How to Apply
If your next move aligns with this position, please apply directly using the link below and attach an updated copy of your resume. Sharp & Carter will be in touch with all applicants and shortlisting will commence immediately for this position. For a confidential conversation about this job opportunity, please contact Haylea Smith – Manager, Human Resources on 0491 286 873 or firstname.lastname@example.org.