A great opportunity has become available for an experienced Assistant Accountant to join a reputable and culture-focused organisation located in the inner south-eastern suburbs of Brisbane in a permanent full-time position.
Reporting to the Senior Financial Accountant, you will be responsible for supporting the finance division with the day-to-day accounting responsibilities including month-end, reporting, lodgments and cashflow management. This role allows you to work in a fast-paced and thriving organisation while offering you a challenging yet rewarding opportunity. Your prior accounting experience, strong understanding of accounting principles and your drive for excellence will ensure you have a long and successful career with your new employer.
This position is an integral role in the finance team and requires a motivated and driven Assistant Accountant. Your key responsibilities will include, however are not limited to:
- Day to day processing of the accounts receivable function including reconciliations, debt collection, negotiating of payment plans etc.;
- Financial accounting reporting and management of financial statements;
- Cashflow management;
- Management of month-end processing and closing;
- Forecasting and budgeting assistance;
- Ad hoc assistant accountant duties as required by senior management team.
Skills and Experience
As the suitable candidate for this position, you will hold prior relevant and recent experience as an Assistant Accountant within a professional business environment. In addition, you will also:
- Experience as an Assistant Accountant with demonstrated experience in a full function accounts receivable position;
- Tertiary qualifications in finance and accounting and a drive to complete (or completion) of CPA or CA;
- Experience with reporting, reconciliations and month-end processing;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to liaise confidently with colleagues;
- High attention to detail and level of accuracy while working in a fast-paced environment.
Sharp & Carter are proud to partner with a reputable organisation for the appointment of an Assistant Accountant in a permanent full-time position. The organisation is located in the south-eastern suburbs of Brisbane with parking available onsite. You will grow your project accounting skills in a friendly and supportive team environment.
How to Apply
If this position aligns with your next career move, please apply directly using the link below and attach an updated copy of your resume. For more information about this opportunity, please call Antonia Teale - Principal Consultant Accounting Clerical for a confidential discussion.
0491 257 346