Sharp & Carter has partnered with a market leading consumer goods/manufacturing business that continues to grow and solidify its market share position. Located on the fringe of Melbourne's CBD, my client is looking for an Excel savvy Assistant Accountant to support the wider finance function in a newly created position.
The Role | Reporting to the Financial Controller
Specific duties will include, but not limited to:
- Active management of cashflow (AUD & USD) which includes preparation of the weekly cash flow forecast;
- Completing bank account reconciliations;
- Recording, reporting and liaising with Group head office regarding loan and interest payments;
- Managing prepayments and inter-company reconciliations and confirmations;
- Preparing and posting related month-end and year-end journals and accounting entries;
- Assisting the Finance team with monthly result reviews and investigation of variances;
- Assisting with preparation of month-end reports;
- Completing Balance Sheet reconciliations;
- Preparation of Business Activity Statement (BAS) and GST returns for the Australian and New Zealand Companies;
- Assisting with preparation of the Annual Statutory accounts and Income Tax Returns.
- Assistance with gathering information for the external audit;
- When required, provide support to Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables;
- Other ad hoc project work as required.
You will be tertiary qualified in a relevant accounting degree and have aspirations to complete your CA/CPA. With a minimum of 12 months of professional experience in a similar position within a commercial organisation, you will possess a good understanding of MS Excel in addition to an insatiable mindset to grow and learn.
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, to arrange a confidential discussion, please contact Brendan Close at email@example.com.