About the role
Located close to Sydenham station, this established, privately owned FMCG SME is looking for an ambitious and energetic Assistant Accountant to join their accounting team. The role and the business is suited to someone who is flexible, pro-active and multi-tasking, and can manage effectively and with a sense of urgency in a high achieving and fast moving environment.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following duties:
The successful applicant will have
- Complete daily bank reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly journal entries.
- Assistance with effective cash flow management.
- Quarterly statutory reporting (BAS).
- Maintenance of the AR Legder
- Process account adjustments and handle internal queries.
- Process weekly payroll
- Back up support for AP
- Bachelor degree in Accounting.
- 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Ideally studying toward your CPA/CA
- Experience working within Retail/FMCG where you have managed inventory is a must
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Adapt to a faced pace environment.
- Experience with SAP B1 is a massive advantage
- Generous package.
- Career development.
- Close to public transport.