An exceptional opportunity has become available for an experienced Finance Officer/Assistant Accountant to manage the fixed asset register and reconciliations within a highly reputable and thriving organisation. You will apply your strong accounting skills to ensure the effective operation of the reconciliations and the maintenance of the fixed asset register.
This role provides you the opportunity to work in a values-driven organisation who are experiencing exceptional growth. Your ability to work effectively in high volumes and collaborate with a large finance team is highly attractive for this position. This organisation is located in the inner northern suburbs of Brisbane with close access to public transport.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, this position is an integral role in the finance function and requires a highly organised and skilled candidate with fixed asset and reconciliations experience.
Your key responsibilities will include, however are not limited to:
- Daily reconciliation of multiple bank accounts;
- Preparation of monthly revenue reconciliations and monthly revenue postings;
- Review inactive debtors on a monthly basis;
- Maintenance of fixed assets registers including additions and disposals;
- Depreciation of fixed assets on a monthly basis;
- Fixed asset reconciliations on a monthly basis;
- Ad hoc support to the wider finance team as requested.
Skills & Experience
As the suitable candidate for this position, you will hold prior relevant and recent experience in the maintenance of fixed assets and reconciliations within a business environment.
In addition, you will also:
- Demonstrated experience in an accounts support position, such as Accounts Officer, Fixed Asset Officer, Assistant Accountant;
- Strong reconciliations experience;
- High attention to detail;
- Adaptive communication style to ensure an open, professional and friendly manner to all levels within the organisation;
- Flexible work approach to meet the varying demands of an ever-changing and high volume accounting environment;
- Positive and friendly work ethic;
- Intermediate experience with Excel.
Sharp & Carter are proud to partner with a highly reputable and thriving organisation to appoint an Assistant Accountant to manage the reconciliations and fixed assets in the business. Opportunity to commence in a full-time fixed term contract located in the inner northern Brisbane suburbs.
The opportunity to commence with a highly reputable business with strong employee tenure, attractive company values and a welcoming environment ensures you will have a successful employment with your new employer. This is a maternity leave contract requiring the successful candidate to commence immediately for 11-months (possibility of extension).
How to Apply
If this position aligns with your next career move, please apply directly using the link below and attach an updated copy of your resume. For more information about this opportunity, please call Antonia Teale - Principal Consultant of Business & Accounting Support for a confidential discussion.
0499 515 195