An open opportunity for an enthusiastic Assistant Accountant to assist a busy team in the Ryde/Macquarie Park area of Sydney.
- Ownership of bank reconciliation process
- Reconciliation of sales to bank statement and ensure all payments are entered - EFTPOS, Cash, Amex etc
- Process weekly journals for each required legal entity- including direct debit, cheque, receipts, payroll, merchant fees, bank fees, Fleet costs and debt collection.
- Process weekly clearing account journals to reflect cash received in bank.
- Month end bank reconciliations
- Manage petty cash and store floats.
- Prepare and post month end accruals and prepayments.
- Strong focus on process improvement and development of efficient work-flows.
- Assist with banking tender as required.
- Possess knowledge of general accounting principles
- Demonstrate the required skill to perform detailed work accurately & promptly
- Experience in finance roles within complex multi-site / multi-channel retail or FMCG environments (preferable, but not essential)
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills
- Team player who is collaborative in approach
Please submit your CV to the designated 'Apply' button. Note: Only candidates who are immediately available or on a notice period of 1-2 weeks will be suitable for this role as it is an immediate start. For any further enquiries please contact Jacinta Coyne at : firstname.lastname@example.org