Sharp and Carter has been engaged by one of Victoria's oldest and well-established universities in their search for a management accountant. Hence we are currently seeking expressions of interest from experienced management accountants looking to join an established finance team in a key business partnering and budgeting role.
Reporting directly to the Senior Finance Business Partner, you will be responsible for a broad range of reporting and analytical activities. As such, your duties will include:
- Responsible for ensuring transactional accounting activities, month end close activities including project profit recognition, month-end close journals, inter-school recharges are completed on timely basis.
- Work with business stakeholders to deliver accurate monthly financial reporting, periodic financial KPI reporting per set timelines.
- Collaborate with the Project Managers and Department Managers to manage financial performance of the School, contribute to the strategic and operational decision making by providing appropriate financial analysis.
- Perform financial analysis on profitability, labor utilisation, selling and general administrative expenses
- Ensure all reconciliations are prepared as per agreed timetable and to a high standard, with any issues escalated to the Senior Finance Business Partner or Group Financial Controller.
- Participate in annual budgeting and planning process with Senior Finance Business Partner and Business Controller.
- Assist in completing monthly reporting pack with detailed commentary including variance analysis.
- Complete all internal reporting requirements in-line with University & statutory deadlines, and senior leadership reporting.
- Maintain of the integrity and accuracy of the fixed asset register.
- Agreeing month end inter-school loan accounts balances.
To be considered for this opportunity, we are seeking expressions of interest from candidates with:
- You will hold a degree in commerce or accounting coupled with 3-5 years’ experience in broad financial roles
- Be CPA or CA qualified
- Experience in Oracle and advanced excel skills.
- Strong communication skills are essential oral and written including negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships at all stakeholder levels
- A solid commercial understanding
- Demonstrated capacity and initiative to solve problems with energy and a positive attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to organise and prioritise demands, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously, set and meet deadlines and follow-through within a fast paced environment with multiple and competing demands
- CBD Location
- Immediately available fixed term contract | 6-12 months
- $90,000 - $110,000 package
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, contact Jason Tran on firstname.lastname@example.org / 0426 265 677