With offices in Toowoomba and Springfield the DDWMPHN is a federally funded Not for Profit organisation that services a fast-growing population of more than 570,000 people in the Darling Downs and West Moreton Hospital and Health Service regions.
DDWMPHN’s purpose is to facilitate an integrated primary health care system that delivers better health care outcomes. It achieves this by undertaking extensive population health planning to identify health service gaps in the region and then collaborates with general practice, primary health sector, Hospital and Health Services, and the community to eliminate those gaps. The broad geographically dispersed Darling Downs and West Moreton regions are particularly challenged with higher than average obesity levels, chronic health conditions and mental health. These poor health measures exist against a demographic backdrop which contains significant levels of socioeconomic disadvantage and hardship.
About the role
Reporting to the Board, the Chief Executive Officer of DDWMPHN should be a visionary leader with the values and organisational purpose at the forefront of all decision making. Due to the complexities of the Health sector and regional diversity, the remit for this role is broad.
- Providing tactical advice and reporting to the Board of Directors on business, financial and operational performance, program delivery, planning and outcomes and key risks impacting business continuity and operational efficiency.
- Operationalising the effective delivery of the Strategic Plan through the development and implementation of annual business plans
- Developing and implementing a medium and long-term strategy and vision, in conjunction with the Board and partner organisations
- Supporting a collaborative culture of trust, innovation and continuous improvement with a focus on uplifting internal capability and developing a succession plan for the future
- Advocacy for funding and developing collaborative initiatives that address emerging health needs of the DDWMPHN region
- Nurturing existing and developing new strategic relationships and partnerships with key community and health stakeholders, funding entities and other PHNs
- Building on DDWMPHN’s robust corporate governance and fostering a corporate culture that promotes compliance with legislative, regulatory and service agreements
- Monitoring and reporting performance to Board in accordance with agreed Dashboard and National, Local and organisational key performance indicators, with an increased focus on measuring DDWMPHN’s responsiveness and efficacy to the heightened volatility created by the COVID environment.
To truly succeed in this role, it is essential that you have a successful track record in executing and delivering on strategy and providing transformational leadership within the health system (ideally primary health care). With the additional challenges brought about by COVID, it is critical that the successful incumbent possesses an agile, responsive style of leadership with the ability to
conceptualise innovative solutions within an environment of complexity, ambiguity and uncertainty.
The foundation for success for any PHN is closely aligned to its extensive, deep stakeholder engagement and collaboration capability. Your established, well regarded reputation should be complemented by exceptional relationship building skills and stakeholder engagement across the Health spectrum.
It is also highly preferable that you possess a comprehensive understanding of working with federal legislative frameworks and funding agreement requirements and significant capability in commissioning for outcomes, contract management and budgetary control.
To receive an information pack for this exciting opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.