About Abacus Learning Centre
Our unique point of difference is that Abacus offer’s centre-based autism services, Abacus opened in 2008 to provide crucial early intervention to families who travel from all-over Melbourne to access therapy for their children.
The increase in awareness and diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), ADHD and Neurodevelopmental Disorders, as well as the introduction of the NDIS have all resulted in significant demand for support services.
In the last three years, Abacus has successfully achieved NDIS registration and secured both Federal and State Government support to construct a purpose-built centre on the Mornington Peninsula with a vision to use this design as a model for additional centres in Victoria.
In-line with the current Strategic Plan, Abacus are committed to expanding the service to increase opportunities for children with ASD to achieve their full potential in an environment that is safe, happy, and helps children feel confident and motivated to learn.
About the Role
In collaboration with the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer of Abacus will be responsible for assessing all areas of the business for sustainable growth, ensuring the long-term future of the organisation.
Key responsibilities of the role are:
- Strategic Planning and Financial Management
- People Leadership
- Organisational and Capacity Planning
- Business Development and Growth
- Fundraising, Marketing and Communications
- Community Liaison and Advocacy
- Reporting to the Board of Directors
An engaging and compassionate leader with strong financial acumen, experienced in growing a business, ideally in the NDIS, not-for-profit and/or disability sector.
You will be able to:
- Build strong, co-operative working relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Inspire and lead a team of dedicated professionals
- Be a strong advocate who maintains awareness of the market and industry developments
- Understand the significance of brand building and networking
- Seek opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and funding
- Implement initiatives that scale the organisations social impact
- Maintain the highly regarded Abacus culture and sense of community
In your role as CEO, you have a special opportunity to help Abacus achieve its charitable purpose and ensure many more children achieve with autism.
Expressions of interest are welcomed from suitable candidates.
To receive a candidate information pack and to apply for this exciting opportunity, please use the apply now tab below or contact Jill Henderson at Sharp & Carter on 0412 344 468 for more information