Our client is seeking an energetic and professional Collections Officer with leadership and growth aspirations to join the Finance Team. The ideal candidate will have a high level of organisation, initiative and attention to detail. This role will allow professional development and career progression, and is perfect for a driven Collections Officer or Accounts Receivable Officer who is keen to move into a global and thriving business.
This role sits in an important area of the organisation, working with a successful team of interesting and intelligent people. Reporting to the Finance Manager, your role would involve:
- Collecting payments
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verify discrepancies by and resolve clients’ billing issues
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status
- Setting up payment plans for customers and ensuring compliance with agreed plan
- Assisting with end of month reporting related to Accounts Receivable
- Customer record maintenance in Xero
- Answering general customer payment enquiries & Resolving payment disputes
- Liaising with debt collectors regarding uncollectable amounts and following case through to closure stage
- Ad hoc duties as required
Skills / Experience
- Experience working in a similar position in a Professional environment is essential
- Computer literate to intermediate level including (MS office suite & internet)
- Excellent telephone manner, communication skills and customer service
- Ability to work within a high volume, team environment
- Discretion in relation to confidential information
- Good written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative in problem solving and in exercising judgement
- Self-directed attitude and the willingness to learn and grow your skills across a number of key business areas
About the client
Located in Melbourne's South-East Suburbs, our client has a strong global presence across 100 countries. They pride themselves on innovation and excellence and boast a collaborative, high-performing team environment. This permanent role requires a motivated and capable individual who is keen to positively contribute to a fantastic business.
To apply please follow the link below or for a confidential discussion please contact Sam Bearham-Jones via email at SBJones@sharpandcarter.com.au