Sharp and Carter are proud to be partnering with a Brisbane resources organisation. As a Corporate Accountant, you will be an integral part of the finance team, contributing to the financial stability and growth of the organisation. Your expertise will drive accurate financial reporting, compliance with industry regulations, and strategic financial decision-making.
Reporting to the Financial Controller your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and submit accurate and timely statutory reports in compliance with relevant regulations and standards.
- Execute month-end closing activities, ensuring precision and adherence to established timelines.
- Manage joint venture accounting processes, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to ensure accurate financial representation.
- Conduct regular reconciliations of financial accounts, identifying and resolving discrepancies promptly.
- Oversee the maintenance of fixed asset registers, ensuring accurate recording, tracking, and depreciation of assets.
- Collaborate with internal and external audit teams, providing necessary documentation and support to address audit queries effectively.
- Generate comprehensive monthly and quarterly financial reports, highlighting key performance indicators and financial metrics.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of general ledger accounts, providing insights and recommendations to enhance financial decision-making.
- Assisting in the preparation of annual IFRS statutory financial statements
- CPA or CA qualification
- Audit experience from Big 4 or second tier environment
- Strong knowledge of statutory reporting requirements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team
- Hybrid working
- Long term career progression
- Supportive team and leaders