Our client is the global leader in Tyre Management Systems and are based in Brisbane. They are looking for an experienced database engineer to build a new database structure for their next-gen asset management platform. The successful applicant will audit their current database structures, identify stale objects, analyse new requirements, suggest improvements or innovations and develop a new database structure using industry best-practices.
KEY DELIVERABLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Building a new SQL Server database for the next-generation of products within the contract timeframe. This will include:
Auditing of current TTC databases
Identification of redundant data fields/objects.
Analysis of new database requirements.
Design of new database structure.
Scripts to convert previous-generation data into the new structure.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of data modelling and relational database design, including normalisation.
- Highly skilled in building, testing, and maintaining data structures.
- Advanced skills in T-SQL scripting.
- SQL Server performance analysis and tuning.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- High level oral, written and interpersonal communication skills including
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and stakeholders.
- Experience in project/program management within established structures 10. with the ability to work to tight deadlines and competing priorities.
- 5+ years’ experience in SQL Server database engineering, including:
- Tables and table partitioning
- Clustered and non-clustered indexes
- Stored procedures
- Data versioning.
- Experience with asset management, ERP, equipment operations, maintenance and/or planning databases/systems for example: SAP, Ellipse, MAXIMO, Infor EAM.
- Knowledge of:
- MS Access Databases.
- Big data.
- NoSQL databases.
- Bachelor’s in Information Technology (or similar) from a recognised tertiary education institution.
- Certification in relevant Project Management practices or framework.
- Following a set plan, established patterns and processs.
- Technical expertise and ability to R&D
- Advises on industry best practices.
- Project Management skills.
- Record keeping for posterity.
- Agile Practices (including Azure DevOps)
- Follows the working manner and spirit of the company
- Autonomy, self-motivation and focus
- Respects the decision-making process and the organisation structure
- Reliability, accountability, flexibility & punctuality.
- Communicates progress without prompting.