The DevOps Engineering Lead will deploy, test, maintain, upgrade, and monitor the cloud architectures for both TOTECS and SQUIZZ technologies to ensure we honour high availability service level agreements.
The DevOps Lead will work in a highly dynamic team of software engineers covering frontend web applications and backend web application stack as well as engaging with third party technology partners.
The role involves leading the research and development of our new globally scaled container architecture using Kubernetes/Docker technologies among other virtualisation technologies.
- Maintain Server and Network Hardware and Software to ensure acceptable uptime and performance of the enterprise stack
- Manage scalability and orchestration of infrastructure resources and redundancy
- Research and implement improved architecture of systems and networks
- Develop and maintain monthly performance benchmarks
- Manage security layers across servers and networks including private cloud exchange networks
- Manage and record system downtimes and scheduled outages
- Develop and maintain reports as required by the Product Operations Division
- Maintain a high standard of internal stakeholder relations and support them in resolving issues
- Attend various events and seminars to maintain a high level of best practice and keep abreast of technology evolution
- Reporting on service department to company and management team - remove
- Work closely with the product development team to test and deploy software releases according to agile workflows and provide feedback for development best practise.
- Maintain internal and external documentation with respect to product operations
Key skills required:
- Key Knowledge of server virtualisation technologies and orchestration - such as VMware, Linux KVM, Docker or Kubernetes
- Applied experience with High Availability & Scalable Web Application Architectures (Ie, Tomcat, NginX etc)
- Server Administration – Debian Linux and optionally Windows Server OS’s
- Use of effective, reliable Backup Technology & Processes
- Experience designing, deploying and monitoring operating environments on private cloud or public cloud architectures (AWS, Google, MS Azure)
- Database Administration – Relational, graph and/or scalable database management i.e. (MySQL, Cassandra etc)
- Prevent future problems by automating processes
- Business IT skills – Staff management, Budgets, Risk Management
- Awareness of system vulnerabilities / cyber security threats
- Confident in the use of incident management systems
- High level, broad technical knowledge to liaise with Systems Administrator, RnD Manager, & Level 1 Service Centre staff
Click APPLY or contact Vincent Cote Boucher at email@example.com