An exceptional opportunity has become available for an experienced Finance Officer to join a reputable and culture-focused organisation. This organisation is located in the inner suburbs of Brisbane city with close access to public transport.
This role allows you to work in a fast-paced and thriving organisation while offering you a challenging yet rewarding opportunity. You will work closely with the Finance Manager to ensure a high level of accounting and finance support which will ensure the ongoing success of the business. Additionally, you will be provided learning and development opportunities to advance your career within finance and accounting. Your passion to learn coupled with your ability to work in a high-volume fast-paced environment will contribute to your success.
Working closely with the Finance Manager, this is an integral position in the organisation and requires a highly organised and skilled Finance and Accounts Officer who is passionate about learning and developing their career. You will apply your hardworking, reliable and driven work ethic to your job each and every day.
Your key responsibilities will include, however are not limited to:
- End to end accounts payable processing including processing invoices, coding, and payments;
- End to end accounts receivable processing including debt collection, debtor management, receipting and allocations;
- Finance support including reporting, reconciliations and general ledger;
- Assisting with end of month and end of year processes;
- Ad hoc administration and finance support as required by the Finance Manager.
Skills & Experience
As the suitable candidate for this position, you will hold prior relevant and recent experience as an Accounts Officer, Assistant Accountant, Finance Assistant or Finance Officer. In addition, you will also have:
- Ability to work in a high-volume accounts environment while showing self-motivation and drive;
- Passion to learn and develop your skills with the guidance of an experienced Finance Manager;
- Adaptive communication style to ensure an open, professional and friendly manner to all levels within and external to the organisation;
- Flexible work approach to meet the varying demands of an ever-changing and fast-moving environment;
- Exceptionally high attention to detail;
- Computer literacy in all Microsoft office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
Sharp & Carter are proud to partner with a highly reputable organisation to appoint a Finance Officer in a permanent position in the inner city suburbs of Brisbane. The business is located close to various public transport options. The business has a fantastic company culture and has leaders who will ensure your growth and professional development throughout your long-term career with the business.
How to Apply
Sharp & Carter often have a range of positions available that may not yet be advertised. If you feel this opportunity is interesting yet not quite right, then we recommend still putting in an application or sending your CV directly to the email address below. That way we can contact you to find out more about your career goals and aspirations, and we will ensure you stay updated and aware of exciting new vacancies in the market.
For more information about this opportunity, please call Antonia Teale for a confidential discussion on the details below.
Principal Consultant - Business & Accounting Support
0491 257 346