Sharp & Carter has partnered with a market leading professional services organisation based in the CBD. This firm is based in one of Melbourne's finest commercial buildings with great access via public transport, as well as great cafe's on-site, and state of the art facilities. Their financial performance over the course of 2020 was outstanding and registered a record number of internal promotions.
The Role | Reporting to the FP&A Manager
Responsible for the development, implementation and management of financial accounting and tax compliance policies and practices, ensuring alignment with Australian accounting standards, compliance with taxation legislation and other external reporting requirements.
- Analysis of business performance including against budget
- Management of cash flow and forecasting
- Preparation of periodic general ledger reconciliations and variance analysis
- Management of month-end close
- Preparation of all general ledger journals including accruals and pre-payments
- Preparation of periodic management accounts and associated reporting
- Management of the general ledger including maintenance of the chart of accounts and data structures
- Management of year-end close and provision of information for preparation of annual financial statements
- Preparation of statutory returns and reports including tax returns, ABS and other surveys, FBT return, Payroll Tax return
- Production and lodgement of monthly BAS
- Production of Bank Compliance statements
- Review and maintain the organisation's cash flow model
- Management of profit distribution
You are CA or CPA qualified, having ideally commenced your career in the chartered environment. Following this, you will have experience within a complex commercial organisation with exposure to Management Accounting.
Interpersonally, you are bright, engaging, possess a sense of humour, and thrive in collaborative working environments.
Your Excel and modelling skills are advanced and you will have demonstrated the capability to meet accounting standards and deadlines.
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, to arrange a confidential discussion, please contact Brendan Close at firstname.lastname@example.org.