Sharp & Carter has partnered with one of the most exciting and entrepreneurial construction businesses in Australia. They continued to perform well during the challenging conditions of 2020, with a large number of projects continuing to be built, and they have a very healthy pipeline of new projects in 2021.
The Role | Reporting to the Finance Manager
This position is primarily responsible for the accounting and tax compliance obligations for the group.
Specific duties will include:
- Prepare the monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare quarterly WIP worksheet and process adjustment in Cheops
- Process monthly direct and indirect wage journals in Cheops
- Update wage allocation rates
- Prepare and lodge all tax related obligations including managing any tax payment plans
- Assist the external accountant in the preparation of the company financials for quarterly meetings and year end financials
- Assist the Accounts Officer with the quarterly ABS survey
- Assist the Accounts Officer with the annual payroll tax reconciliation
- Process the Annual Taxable Payment Report to the ATO
- Manage the accounting process for maintenance including on-charging recoupable defects and subcontractor retention adjustment
You are CA or CPA qualified, having ideally commenced your career in either the chartered or construction environment.
Interpersonally, you can effectively communicate with all internal and external stakeholders in a positive and proactive manner. You will embrace the collaborative approach to problem solving within the wider organisation.
Your Excel skills are advanced and those with prior experience with Cheops and Xero will be highly regarded.
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, to arrange a confidential discussion, please contact Brendan Close at email@example.com.