Sharp & Carter is proud to be exclusively partnering with one of Australia’s most successful and financially sound private groups. This is a unique opportunity for a suitably experienced accountant to join a small team in a high quality corporate environment. This is an exciting time for the business as it looks for key people who are ready to make a difference and help drive the organisation forward.
Reporting to the Senior Financial Accountant, this Financial Accountant role is critical to the overall success of the finance function and wider business.
The responsibilities of this role will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in ensuring the completeness and accuracy of the general ledger, via accurate journal entries, bank reconciliations and general ledger reconciliations
- Accounting for all transactions related to the Investment Portfolios and reconciliation of trades / positions / valuations agree to custodian records (where applicable)
- Ensuring the daily input and authorisation of all trades / capital calls into custodian systems and liaising with the global investment team, custodian, fund managers and brokers on any queries associated with the portfolios
- Preparing monthly and quarterly Business Activity Statements for all entities
- Assisting with the annual and half yearly statutory reporting and audit for the Group, including preparing allocated financial statements
- Preparing Income Tax returns for entities within the Group (shared amongst members of the Finance Team)
- Preparing FBT return for the Group
- Preparing allocated sections of the Head Office cost forecast and budget on a half-yearly basis
- Other projects and ad-hoc tasks time permitting
We are seeking expressions of interest from experienced financial accountants or assistant accountants looking to take the next step in their career. Whilst either a CA or CPA qualification will be view favourably, it is not an essential requirement as there is no substitute for real world experience. Your interpersonal and communication skills are first class, allowing you to gain the confidence of and develop strong professional relationships with those above and below you.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Jason Tran on 0426 265 677 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org