Sharp & Carter has been exclusively engaged by a growing financial services provider in their search for an experienced Financial Accountant to join their team. With a proud history spanning over three decades, this organisation is additionally undergoing a significant period of growth.
Reporting to the Senior Financial Accountant the main responsibilities of this role include (but are not limited to):
- Management of financial reporting requirements, reconciliations and variance explanations for end of month, quarter end, half year, and end of year reporting including fixed assets, overhead expenses, accounts receivable, and capital accounting.
- Review of the monthly/ Quarterly company schedules which are submitted to head office
- Liaison with the Capital team to ensure the accurate recording of projects and fixed assets
- Manage forecasting and budgeting for the overheads and balance sheet accounts
- Implementation and maintain financial internal controls, processes, and documentation.
- Management of statutory requirements for income tax, payroll tax, GST, FBT, and ABS returns
- Effective management of the company’s 100 day cash forecast to JV partners on a weekly basis, including JV cash calls and returns
- Ownership of general ledger, including fixed asset, accounts payable, and accounts receivable sub-ledgers. Ensure accuracy and integrity of transactions in ERP system
The ideal candidate will be tertiary qualified in an accounting or business degree with full completion of their CPA or CA qualification (international equivalent qualifications such as ACCA or ACA also accepted). You will have experience working within a medium sized organisation or environment as well as a strong fundamental knowledge of Australian accounting standards. Candidates will have strong experience using MS Excel. Exceptional communication skills, with proven ability to demonstrate initiative and have good attention to detail are essential.
How to apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Jason Tran at firstname.lastname@example.org