Highly reputable and successful ASX listed tier one mining producer. This company has achieved excellent results through a combination of growth, investment and delivering exceptional results towards environmental sustainability
As the Financial Reporting Manager, your role will see you act as key partner and divisional finance lead for one of their key divisions. You will partner with senior leaders and operational stakeholders.
Your duties will include:
- Manage the preparation of annual and half yearly financial reports in accordance with regulatory, accounting, and financial reporting standards.
- Manages the preparation and review of financial statements for additional subsidiaries within the business.
- Preparation of the quarterly reporting to the ASX
- Managing the partnership with the external auditors and preparation of audit files for annual and half year financial reports
- Defines accounting policies and provides technical advice over key issues.
- Preparation, finalisation and review the monthly consolidated trial balance, and reviewing monthly standing journals and consolidation adjustments.
- Supports the maintenance of the internal control environment over financial reporting.
- Lodgment of the Income Tax Returns for all business entities (Australia & Overseas entities)
- Review of tax effect calculations and disclosures for half-year and annual audited financial statements.
- Act as a trusted advisor and strategic partner to key regional managers, offering financial insights, analysis, and recommendations to support business growth and profitability.
- Prepare and present accurate financial reports, forecasts, and budgets to assist in strategic planning and decision-making processes;
- Conduct financial analysis, variance analysis, and performance evaluations to identify areas for improvement and cost-saving opportunities;
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, regulatory changes, and best practices in finance and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives within the finance function.
You will be a tenured CA/CPA qualified accounting professional and will possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills as your ability to interact and engage cross-functionally within the business will be crucial.
Key skills include:
- Experience within a large ASX Listed complex environment - particularly high pace and high volume.
- Demonstrated ability to research and develop accounting position papers and present to senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver financial statements and annual reports to Senior Management and presentation to the ASX.
Proven experience as a Senior Financial Accountant / Financial Reporting Manager or similar role.
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to interpret complex financial data from multiple sources and provide strategic insights.
- Proficiency in financial reporting and advanced knowledge of financial software and systems.
- Large BIG 4 Audit experience highly desired (Excellent opportunity for Senior / Director level within practice to make the move into commerce)
How to apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for more information, please contact or send a resume to Ryan Rudden or Chantel Skene on either email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org