Permanent job opportunity based in the Western Suburbs of Melbourne.
Possibility of working fully remote if needed.
As a Front-End Software Developer, you will complement a mix of activities around enhancement/maintenance of our client’s existing front-end applications. It will also involve helping with the design and development their new generation IoT platform.
You will work autonomously and provide input when required into decisions involving solution design, technology selection, and work effort estimation.
The work environment is friendly but focused, generally free of bureaucracy, and empowering to those with ideas and a strong team spirit. Priorities can change frequently, but sustainable workloads are maintained.
- Clean coding / Refactoring.
- Maintaining a clean issue tracker.
- Fix issues with a mindset of addressing the root cause.
- Implement solutions with an appropriate level of time investment vs. gains expected from that solution.
- Ensuring work is documented and explicit so that others can carry on the job with minimal hand-over in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with front-end technologies such as React, TypeScript, PHP, HTML/CSS
- Experience with tools such as GitLab, Jira and Confluence
- 5+ years’ experience in front end software development
- Experience creating responsive designs
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code for UI components, including appropriate testing
- Experience with graphics programming
- A good grasp of User interface design and styling
- Strong interest in interaction design.
- Ability to design, develop and unit test software in an Agile software development environment.
- A growth mindset with a collaborative style and a strong willingness to support your colleagues
- An innate ability to debug code and help find that hidden fault
- Understanding of telematics / IoT related technologies
- Experience in testing within BI and data visualisation applications
- Understanding of SOC2 security principles and practices