Sharp & Carter Legal are thrilled to exclusively partner with the Accent Group; a leading ASX listed digitally integrated consumer business in the retail and distribution sectors of branded performance and lifestyle footwear, with over 550 stores and 21 websites across 14 different retail banners and exclusive distribution rights for 14 international brands across Australia and New Zealand.
You can find out more about working with the Accent Group here:
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the General Counsel & Company Secretary is responsible for managing all legal matters across the Australia and New Zealand business. The key responsibilities of the role are numerous but some of the core activities include:
- Developing, reviewing and negotiating a broad range of commercial agreements, including sales, distribution, and procurement contracts, technology and precedents arrangements, standard, non-standard agreements and precedents, employment contracts and Franchise agreements.
- Management of the Group’s IP portfolio.
- Marketing and consumer law advice including reviewing marketing materials across to the AU and NZ business.
- End to end management of the Co-Sec Function and the process of Board administration. This will include Board and Committee timetables, agendas and minutes, preparation of the annual report, organisation of the AGM and all relevant approvals resolutions and other Board governance matters.; and
- Management of the relationship with all corporate regulators ASX and ASIC and meeting reporting deadlines and compliance requirements relating to ASX and ASIC.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience gained in reputable private practice or in-house. In-house experience preferred but not essential.
- Strong commercial focus with the ability to provide practical and results-focused legal advice in a fast -paced environment.
- Experience and confidence to advise across a broad range of matters and interactions at Board level, including demonstrated Co-Sec/Assistant Co-Sec experience in an ASX environment.
- High level of interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the business.
- Highly developed communication and negotiation skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders, including internal, third parties, Board and government entities