Sharp and Carter are partnering with one of Australia's biggest brands to support an ambitious plan to bring lifestyle and engineering opportunities to Queensland and the Gold Coast!
This organisation is a household name and part of the big 4 financial institutions in Australia. This digital division is at the cutting edge of the fintech revolution, creating new technologies for the customers needs of tomorrow. Lead by an inspirational leadership team that has created a culture of curiosity, collaboration, learning, development and enjoyment....This is a unique opportunity to develop your career work with new technology and be part of a movement within fintech that is raising eyebrows across the financial sector!
As a Java developer develop, implement, and support new functionality.
- Collaborate with team members in a cross-functional team to deliver world-class and high-quality products for Westpac Digital platform
- Write clean code & build applications in line with the best practices
- A practical approach to development including the reuse of shared components and open-source projects rather than always reinventing the wheel.
- Design REST API using Open API Swagger specification by following the REST API design guidelines
- Lead the diagnosis and resolution of complex service issues to ensure effective development, maintenance and support of applications
- Keep the code free from vulnerabilities
- Participate in Agile ceremonies
- Analyse business requirements and create technical design documents that are in accordance with the company's design standards.
- Contribute to the Design and development of high-quality software for large scale Micro-service Applications
- Supporting implementations
- Career development
- Exposure to new technologies and practises
- A top brand name on your CV
- Incredibly flexible working environment (3/4 days a month in the office)
- Continual development
- Great package and benefits
What do I need?
- Overall 5+ years of design and development experience with minimum 2+ years of API and/or Microservices experience
- Experience with REST API and Spring framework
- Relational Database (SQL) or NoSQL Database experience
- Experience working with Agile methodology using tools such as JIRA, BitBucket, Confluence etc.
- Common development tools such as Git, Sonar, eslint, prettier and npm
- Experience with CI/CD tool such as Bamboo, Jenkins, and exposure to testing automation
- Writing unit tests using JUnit
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming, multi-Threading,
- Strong communications and problem-solving skills