In this role you will:
- Lead or provide support in the development of the organization's responses to key priority and critical issues as they emerge
- Undertake critical research and analysis on relevant academic literature, case law, industry trends and research in other jurisdictions both overseas, nationally and Australian jurisdictions on best practice approaches for identifying and addressing emerging policy and regulatory issues, including developing options and recommendations to resolve issues
- Lead or assist in the development of and/or undertake the quality assurance review of statutory and non-statutory guidance material
- Undertake the preparation of key legislative and regulatory policy – including preparation of briefing papers, policy review papers, assisting economic analysis, drafting instructions to define legislation and regulations and submissions to government and parliament
- Provide critical analysis to the Senior Legislative Services Advisor, the LPIS Management Team, the organization's Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and Board in relation to significant policy and implementation issues
- Support the Senior Legislative Services Advisors and LPIS Management in representing the organization at Victorian and National occupational health and safety and workers compensation forums
- Assist the Senior Legislative Services Advisor in the development of cabinet in confidence materials.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, to identify and understand key policy issues, needs and concerns, utilising a variety of negotiation, presentation, communication and education techniques
There will also be some travel involved as part of this role within Victoria.
For a confidential discussion please contact
m: 0414 223 338