Our client is a successful family owned manufacturing business that has built a reputation for developing world class eco friendly and environmentally sustainable products spanning 4 decades. From date of inception to the present day, our client has established themselves as an industry pioneer that continues to lead the way in innovation and development of market leading products. Due to continued growth including the development of a state-of-the-art production facility, a great opportunity now awaits an energetic Logistics Manager to drive a best-in-class domestic operation and enable rich future company growth, based out of Dandenong, Melbourne South East.
Reporting to the Group Operations Manager and with a team of 3 direct reports, we are seeking a hands-on, dynamic, and growth-minded Logistics Manager to drive operational excellence across a national B2B distribution network:
Key to your success in this role will be your ability to optimise company fleet assets and a supporting sub-contractor network and ensure both current and future volume growth can be serviced from a transport and logistics perspectives, whilst simultaneously driving down unit cost.
- Contribute to the overall leadership, management and direction of company by being an active member of the Senior Management Team. This will include delivering Logistics projects and influencing all areas of the business to drive a best-in-class operatio, whilst ensuring a commitment to the environmental performance of the business.
- Coach and develop a high performing and engaged team of 3 direct reports within Logistics
- Contribute to the development of the company's footprint and national growth whilst ensuring collaboration with executive team to identify and mitigate strategic risk.
- Drive forward an already strong and established OH&S programme
- Drive unit cost efficiency through improvement in utilisation of fleet assets across the business.
- Oversee the acquisition and implementation of a panel of freight subcontractors to support logistics network.
- Ensure that revenue losses from not having sufficient logistics capacity are minimised (or preferably eliminated).
- Ensure that the logistics fleets are actively maintained to support the utilisation (uptime) objectives.
- Work with the Equipment and Infrastructure teams to develop an asset replacement schedule to support the utilisation objectives.
- Contribute to innovative logistics solutions that support lower unit cost objectives.
- Make recommendations on staff training, upskilling and specialised skills required within your portfolio.
- Build teams on each operating site to support the outcomes required within this portfolio.
- Provide reports, proposals, cash flow forecasting, annual operating plans/schedules as requested by the Group Operations Manager in appropriate timeframes.
- Work within the Logistics Budget requirements, reporting Actuals vs Budget each month.
To be successful, you will have:
- Proven experience managing domestic Transport operations, including company fleet, sub contracts, and associated OH&S including NHVR & CoR
- Sound understanding of cost levers across a Transport operation, with a demonstrated track record of implementing innovation logistics solutions to improve operational performance, reduce unit cost, and drive optimal OH&S
- Excellent communication and leadership abilities to coordinate cross-functional teams effectively and influence change across the operation
What's on offer:
- Opportunity to work for a company with incredible tenure that is committed to doing good for the world
- A collaborative and supportive team environment that will help you grow your career.
- Work under the guidance of a fantastic people leader with high EQ
- A stable business that is a genuine leader in it’s space and continues to grow after 40+ years of successful operation
- A chance to drive positive change operationally and drive best operational practices to facilitate future company growth
- Competitive salary and company perks
How to Apply:
How to apply To apply online, please click on the apply function. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Lewis Ironside on 0435824108 or email@example.com