- Permanent full-time position
- Office based on St Kilda Road
- Flexible working environment – 3 days office-based p/w
Our client has 7 eye clinics and 4 day surgeries throughout Melbourne, Victoria and their team of highly experienced Melbourne ophthalmologists specialise in cataract surgery, laser eye surgery, glaucoma, macular degeneration and more. They are on the lookout for a Payroll Manager who will be responsible for the management of the entire payroll and accounts payable function, ensuring all transactions are processed and internal and external reporting is performed on an accurate and timely basis.
Reporting to the Corporate Finance Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Oversee payroll of 500+ employees across multiple states (VIC, NSW, QLD, SA) – fortnightly & monthly pay runs.
- Ensure appropriate processes and controls are in place and functioning to ensure all payroll transactions are accurately recorded and processed.
- Oversee all relevant calculations (payroll, annual leave, long service leave, PAYG, payroll tax, WorkCover, superannuation), ensuring high level of accuracy.
- Ensure the accurate completion and review of relevant monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Administrator for workforce management software - developing an in-depth understanding of the system’s functions and capabilities.
- Ensure all appropriate processes and controls are in place and functioning to ensure all accounts payable transactions are accurately recorded and processed.
- Oversee external payroll reporting requirements.
- Office administration – mail distribution, stationary and kitchen supplies orders, office events etc.
The successful applicant will have proven payroll experience in a similar role, along with the following skills and attributes:
- Proven experience managing operational finance teams.
- Possess ability to identify and develop strategic goals.
- Impeccable communication skills.
- The ability to liaise with a multitude of stakeholders.
- Strong reconciliation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills.
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Emily O’Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org