A highly reputable organisation located in Brisbane is seeking an experienced Payroll Manager to lead a high-performing payroll team in the delivery of end to end payroll management. Our client requires someone to commence in a permanent full-time position.
This is an excellent opportunity to apply your strong payroll skills in a large workforce. You will be responsible for managing the full function payroll service for a workforce exceeding 1200. Additionally, you will drive process and system improvements to ensure the payroll function operates to the highest standard. You will be an integral member of a high-performing team and be supported, challenged and motivated throughout your employment.
As the Payroll Manager, you will be responsible for managing the payroll lifecycle to ensure the timely pay schedule for each employee. You will contribute to the strong team culture of collaboration while ensuring the payroll team thrives in their individual development and growth.
Your key responsibilities will include, however are not limited to:
- End to end payroll management including reconciliations, reporting, adjustments, deductions, etc;
- Interpreting of multiple Enterprise Agreements and modern awards;
- Leadership of a high-performing payroll team;
- Identifying process and system improvement measures to ensure the efficient management of the payroll function;
- Managing complex payroll matters - calculations, queries etc;
- Managing month-end and year-end processes for the payroll function;
- Ad hoc responsibilities to ensure the ongoing management of the payroll function.
Skills and Experience
As the suitable candidate for this position, you will hold prior relevant and recent experience in a senior payroll position with key skills in people leadership and process improvement. In addition, you will also:
- Experience in end to end payroll for a workforce exceeding 1000 employees;
- Experience building and maintaining a high-performing payroll team;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines;
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to take accountability for the performance of the payroll department;
- Experience interpreting and advising on awards;
- Large ERP experience such as SAP, Aurion, Micropay, Chris21.
Sharp & Carter are proud to partner with a reputable organisation to appoint a Payroll Manager. Tthis is a fantastic opportunity to manage the payroll function and make it your own. This is a permanent full-time position. With a modern and professional environment and a friendly and supportive employee base, this is a fantastic opportunity to work with like-minded individuals in their thriving payroll team.
How to Apply
Sharp & Carter often have a range of positions available that may not yet be advertised. If you feel this opportunity is interesting yet not quite right, then we recommend still putting in an application or sending your CV directly to the email address below. That way we can contact you to find out more about your career goals and aspirations, and we will ensure you stay updated and aware of exciting new vacancies in the market.
For more information about this opportunity, please call Antonia Teale for a confidential discussion on the details below.
Principal Consultant - Business & Accounting Support
0491 257 346