An opportunity has become available for a Payroll Officer at a well established and values driven organisation, within the suburbs of Brisbane. This is a community-owned and focused organisation, that are committed to making a positive social and economic difference, who’s vision is to connect people to opportunities. This is a permanent fulltime position with a hybrid working arrangement.
This opportunity allows you to work in a thriving non for profit organisation, who have strong employee tenure. You will work in a payroll team and gain experience in the management of the end-to-end payroll process. Working autonomously, you will be supported and guided to ensure you are a long-term and successful member of the business.
Duties – Key responsibilities
Working independently, this role also requires participation in activities as a team member. This position is an integral role in the accounts team. Along with your previous experience, you will have a sound knowledge of payroll related legislation, and pride yourself on attention to detail.
Key duties are, but not limited to:
- Accurate end-to-end payroll processing;
- Processing deductions and allowances including leave entitlements, terminations, redundancies, parental leave, and ither adjustments in line with statutory requirements;
- Ensuring the payroll system reflects current legislative requirements, making changes when required;
- Processing month-end and assisting with year-end requirements, inclusive of payroll tax and superannuation requirements;
- Ad hoc support as required by team.
As the suitable candidate for this position, you will have excellent verbal communication skills, alongside good time management skills. In addition, you will also:
- Demonstrated payroll experience in a medium or large organisation;
- Ability to take full advantage of payroll system functionality to obtain process efficiencies;
- Strong organisational skills, with the demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines successfully;
- Positive and friendly work-ethic;
- High computer literacy in all Microsoft office applications and experience using a large payroll system.
Sharp & Carter are proud to partner with a reputable organisation to recruit a Payroll Officer in a permanent full-time position in the Western suburbs of Brisbane.
The opportunity to commence within a thriving and supportive payroll team, who are reputable organisation ensures you will feel valued, respected and challenged while applying and growing your payroll competencies.
How to apply
Sharp & Carter often have a range of positions available that may not yet be advertised. If you feel this opportunity is interesting yet not quite right, then we recommend still putting in an application or sending your CV directly to the email address below. That way we can contact you to find out more about your career goals and aspirations, and we will ensure you stay updated and aware of exciting new vacancies in the market.
For more information about this opportunity please call Aleah Borgas for a confidential discussion on the details below.