About the role
Our client are growing and were fortunate to not have been negatively impacted by COVID-19.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with experience in Payroll and Human Resources, to coordinate both functions in a permanent part-time capacity.
This role is .4 FTE and will require work on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Should you have a preference to working more days and less hours, this can be somewhat accommodated.
Reporting into the Finance Manager, in this stand alone role you will be responsible for the Human Resources and Payroll functions. Responsibilities including:
- Responsible for 1 fortnightly and 1 weekly payroll, to be processed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Administer and update the payroll system, including new employees, terminations, changes, monitoring leave entitlements and updating employee information
- Administer, reconcile, report and arrange timely lodgment/payment of all payroll on-costs including payroll tax, superannuation, workers compensation insurance premiums, co-invest and other payroll requirements
- Reconcile and process payroll year end requirements
- Manage Payroll and HR systems
- Prepare, implement and communicate all human resource and payroll policies and procedures in accordance with relevant legislation in an accurate, compliant and easy to understand manner
- Ensure the company is compliant with all relevant payroll, taxation and industrial relations legislation and requirements. This includes award interpretation, Fair Work Australia and ATO requirements.
- Coordinate all recruitment requirements, including job advertisements, short-listing, interviews, pre-employment checks and placements
- Administer employment contracts and all employee letters, forms and templates
- Coordinate employee review systems, processes and forms
- Implement HR programs, HR training and initiatives to improve employee engagement, development, culture and employee satisfaction
- Provide HR support/advice/coaching to all Managers and staff for employee relations, including performance reviews, performance improvement requirements, grievances and other staffing issues as required
- General administrative tasks including managing employee files, letters and other correspondence
- Minimum 3 years experience in Payroll & HR
- Ideally experience in the construction industry preferred
- Building and Construction onsite award experience preferred
- Positive attitude
- Team player mentality and willingness to be flexible and help out other departments
To apply please click on the link and follow the prompts. Alternatively and for a confidential discussion please contact Candace Page via email Cpage@sharpandcarter.com.au