An exciting opportunity within an multinational Construction organisation currently exists in order to fill a key role in their finance team. This Senior Accountants' position is responsible for the forecasting and monitoring of corporate overheads, review of Group overheads and the accounting for all properties and leases. Initially, this role will commence as a contractual role, however there is the genuine view for extension / permanency.
Reporting into the Group Financial Controller, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to);
- Partnering with Corporate cost centre owners to prepare budgets/forecasts for all corporate departments.
- Preparation of monthly journals and reporting of Corporate overheads, with analysis of actuals vs. forecast.
- Reporting and review of all Group overheads, with analysis of actuals vs. forecast.
- Maintain register and system database for all leased properties (including sub-leases) to ensure all leases are accounted for in accordance with AASB16
- Preparation of all property financial reporting schedules, including analysis of ROU assets and lease liabilities.
- Preparation of monthly journals to account for all corporate properties, including: internal recharges, makegood provisions and accruals.
- Preparation of monthly Corporate balance sheet and property-related reconciliations.
- Assist Business Units / Corporate cost centre owners with all queries relating to Overheads and Property Accounting.
Ideally, you will be a fully CA/CPA qualified accounting professional and will possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills as your ability to interact and engage cross functionally within the business will be crucial to your success. Additionally, you will be immediately available (i.e. between jobs) and have strong Property Accounting / Lease Accounting experience in a large and complex commercial environment.
About the client
Our client is an multinational Construction organisation. They currently boast a strong pipeline of work and are growing quickly.
How to apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Jamie Burgess on 0439 014 028 or at email@example.com, quoting Ref No JB6196.