About the role
An exciting role with a global FMCG organisation currently exists in order to fill a key role in their finance team. This position will help provide accurate, timely and relevant reporting, analysis and insight to help to drive efficiency, productivity & improve financial outcomes for the business. This role will commence as a 6 month contract role however there is the opportunity for extension / permanency following this.
Reporting into the Head of Finance, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to);
The successful applicant will have
- Daily, weekly and monthly variance analysis and commentary for site
- Own and manage existing and new product costings
- Liaise with commercial and plant teams and ensure costings align with P&L and budget
- Maintain Bill of Materials and investigate variances in the BOM
- Daily production reconciliations to ensure raw material and product traceability
- Working with the NPD team and Operations to support new product development to ensure products are costed accurately
- Identifying variance and performance trends
- Margin analysis and cost variance analysis. Identify the causes and opportunities for cost savings
- Reporting, tracking, verifying and helping to drive Continuous Improvement projects to ensure delivery against targets. Cost, inventory and process improvement;
- Business partner with Plant Managers and site teams to provide timely finance decision support, and deep understanding of financial results and their drivers;
- Owns standard costing accuracy for responsible plants and sign offs
- Finance support for new product development, including product costing review and sign off, driving cost optimisation and costing accuracy;
- Supporting capital expenditure requests with financial analysis
- Other ad hoc projects as needed
Ideally, you will be a CA/CPA qualified accounting professional and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills as your ability to interact and engage cross functionally within the business will be crucial to your success. You will be able to work cohesively within a team and also autonomously as well. Additionally, you will have a strong knowledge of product costing, be extremely commercially-minded and have worked in a manufacturing/tangible product environment previously.
About the client
Our client is a famous FMCG organisation with a large client base, they boast an expansive and diverse portfolio of products that are "household brand names."
How to apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Jamie Burgess on 0439 014 028 or email@example.com, quoting Ref No #JB5029.