Permanent job opportunity based in Melbourne.
Our client is seeking to hire a Software Engineer/Developer who will be responsible for writing code in multi-tiered multi-threaded environment, attending sprint meetings with team members to define and analyze development requirements, and providing work breakdown and estimates of work.
Main responsibilities of the job
- Code software changes based on design specifications. Proactively resolve issues in specification that will lead to quality, system performance, or architectural issues in product.
- Perform unit testing on all relevant platforms as is appropriate for the particular task/project.
- Regularly inform manager on progress of project, identifying risks early in the process
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and Product Designers to ensure understanding of business requirements
- Demonstrate self-directed and proactive approach to tackling problems and leveraging resources
- 3-5+ years of software development experience
- Solid Frontend development experience with Angular (Angular 6 or above)
- Hands on experience in designing APIs and consuming APIs. Familiarity with REST concepts and Open API specification
- Experience in NodeJS and TypeScript
- Experience with SQL (Oracle, SQL Server) and/or NoSQL (preferably MongoDB) database programming
- Proficient with Git
- Comprehensive knowledge of best practices and design patterns for SaaS
- Experience with Agile methodologies and best practices such as code review, unit testing and CI/CD
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Four year college degree in Computer Science or related degree.
- Understanding of microservices architecture
- Experience in developing applications in MEAN stack
- Experience with 3rd party UI Control tools such as DevExtreme
- Experience with build management tools (NPM/yarn) and CI tools (Jenkins)
- Familiarity with containerization of applications and container runtime environments (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Familiar with secure software coding techniques
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Vincent Cote Boucher at firstname.lastname@example.org