Our client is an established ASX organisation having posted incredible results with strong growth plans in place. They have enjoyed a period of sustained growth (both organic and through acquisitions) and are looking to continue to expand. Due to growth, this role is newly created and will see you part of an experienced team.
Reporting to the General Manager - Group Tax, the primary purpose of this role is advising the businesses on GST matters including contract reviews, property transactions, M&A, BAS reporting and adhoc business transactions.
While this role will be primarily responsible for managing the GST taxation affairs of the Group, it may also support the indirect and direct taxes and other corporate projects as required.
- Liaise with BU’s regarding GST matters
- Assist on GST matters regarding M&A activity
- Review of contracts for significant transactions
- Assist with automation of BAS preparation
- Assist with continuous control monitoring of GST classification
- Design and implement governance controls arising from recommendations made as part of ATO Justified Trust review
- Liaising with ATO on GST reviews and ad-hoc enquiries
- Ability to assume greater responsibility for other taxes such as income tax, FBT and payroll tax as required
Dedicated CA/CPA qualified candidate with having worked in roles of similar complexity with a broad range of GST matters preferably within a large law
firm or Big 4 accounting firm, and/or in-house experience in a large, complex corporate. You will be part of a high performance culture with a clear mandate to ensure a pragmatic approach to their tax accounting process is in place.
Your excellent technical tax accounting knowledge and proven ability to handle a large and varied workload within a deadline driven and fast paced environment will see you succeed in this role.
You will be detail driven with a continuous improvement ethos and your exceptional communication skills will compliment your talent for interpreting and articulating complex information.
How To Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Rosie Border on 0499 089 639.