We delved into the mind of a recruiting expert and sat down with Caroline Evans, Technology, Projects and Digital Director in Victoria to gain her five insights into the ever-evolving trends and predictions shaping the recruitment landscape.
See below her recruitment forecast:
1. Slowdown in the jobs market at the end of 2022, driven by an economic slowdown, caused by rising interest rates, global inflation, supply chain issues, a global tech market crash, etc.
2. We started to see the impact of this economic slowdown in the first quarter of 2023, with organisations reducing their spending. This was due to a more cautious approach being taken by organisations, driven by low levels of consumer and employer confidence, amid fears of a potential recession.
3. Increase in corporate restructures (meaning more redundancies) and fewer new roles being created.
4. Fewer people making a career move, and in turn, fewer roles have needed to be backfilled. These factors have all led to a perfect storm: a decrease in the number of vacant roles, and an increase in candidate competition.
5. Highest growth areas in tech:
Data & Analytics
Information & Cyber Security
AI, Machine Learning & Automation
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI)
To get in touch with Caroline or any of our other consultants in the Technology, Projects and Digital field
#sharpandcarter #recruitmenttrends #employerinsights