Our client is a dynamic and innovative leader in the professional services industry having built a reputable brand over many decades. This firm is based in one of Melbourne's finest commercial buildings with great access via public transport, as well as great cafe's on-site, and state of the art facilities.
We are actively seeking experienced accountants who are looking to transition from Big 4 or mid-tier accounting firms into a client-focused environment that values your expertise and offers room for personal and professional growth. First movers from a professional services firm are also encouraged to apply for this position.
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Perform general accounting tasks such as journal entries, accruals, and month-end/year-end closing activities.
- Assist in the preparation of tax filings and compliance requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements, including balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and cash flow statements.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accuracy and completeness of financial data.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure accurate recording of financial transactions.
You are studying the CA or CPA program (or near completion). You will have experience within a complex commercial organisation with exposure to compliance reporting and engaging stakeholders across the organisation. Your interpersonal and communication skills are first class, allowing you to develop strong professional relationships.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills to liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
- Be a motivated and critical thinker to contribute to process improvements.
- Be studying or nearly completed the CA/CPA program.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Bec Close at firstname.lastname@example.org